Cauliflower dry masala curry | Gobi recipes a special tasty curry with groundnut, red chillies, sesame seeds, dry coconut, cumin seeds and served as side dish. We have already prepared a few recipes with cauliflower such as Cauliflower Masala gravy, cauliflower manchurian, Cauliflower Poriyal, Palak gobi curry, Gobi Pakoda | Cauliflower 65, Cauliflower soup and Cauliflower Paneer Masala. Know about cauliflower through the link – Cauliflower.
Now let us see how to prepare this dish in easy steps.
- cauliflower / gobi – 1/2 kg
- onion – 1 (chopped)
- turmeric powder / manjal thool – 1/4 tsp
- salt – to taste
- oil – 1 tsp
- mustard seeds / kadugu – 1/2 tsp
- urad dal / ulundham paruppu – 1 tsp
- red chilly / vara milagai – 1
- curry leaves – few
To roast grind:-
- red chillies / vara milagai – 7-8 number
- groundnuts / peanuts – 2 tblsp
- sesae seeds / ellu – 2 tsp
- cumin seeds / seeragam – 1 tsp
- dry coconut powder – 2 tblsp
1. Chop cauliflower florets according to your needed size. Boil water in a container and cook for 5 minutes. Drain water and keep it ready.
2. Dry roast red chillies and peanuts in a dry pan.
3. Add sesame seeds and cumin seeds and fry.
4. Next add dry coconut powder and fry. Switch off stove at once.
5. Cool down and grind it in a mixie.
6. In another fry pan heat one tsp of oil and add mustard seeds. When it splutters addurad dal.
7. Now add red chilly, curry leaves and chopped onions.
8. When chopped onions turn pale add cooked cauliflower.
9. Now add the ground powder along with salt and turmeric powder.
10. Mix well without breaking the cauliflower florets. Sprinkle little water if you were not able to mix properly. Remember the curry should be dry finally.
11. Transfer to serving bowl and serve as side dish with rice