For even more capsicum recipes in my website
Capsicum chutney recipe – Ingredients:- (200 ml cup used)
- shimla mirchi / capsicum / kudai milagai – 2 cups
- onion – 2 cups
- red chillies / vara milagai – 4 to 5 number
- channa dal / kadalai paruppu – 1 tblsp
- urad dal / ulundham paruppu – 1 tblsp
- cumin seeds / seeragam – 1 tsp
- tamarind paste / puzhi – 1 tsp
- garlic clove / poondu – 1 number
- salt – to taste
Capsicum chutney recipe – Ingredients for Seasoning:-
- oil – 1 tsp
- mustard seeds / kadugu – 1/2 tsp
- urad dal / ulundham paruppu – 1 tsp
- asafoetida / perungayam – pinch
- curry leaves / karuvepilai – few
Capsicum chutney recipe – Method of preparation:-
1. Firstly wash and chop capsicum into small cubes. Also chop onion and keep it ready.
2. Secondly dry roast Channa dal, urad dal, red chillies and cumin seeds until it pops and gives a food flavour. Put the roasted ingredients in a plate and allow it to cool to room temperature.
3. Meanwhile heat one tea spoon of oil in a fry pan and fry chopped capsicum and onion until they shrink a little and turn colour. Switch off the stove and cool this too to room temperature.
4. After that grind the roasted ingredients once in a mixie as a result of which you will get coarsly ground powder.
5. Further add the fried capsicum and onion along with garlic, required salt and tamarind paste.
6. Grind it into a fine paste.
7. Finally heat one tea spoon of oil in a fry pan and add mustard seeds. When it splutters add urad dal and when it turns golden switch off the stove and add a pinch of asafoetida and curry leaves. Pour this seasoning above the ground capsicum chutney and mix before serving.