Cabbage vada recipe | muttaikose vadai is crispy evening snacks prepared with cabbage, Channa dal, rice flour, chopped green chillies, mint, curry leaves, red chilly powder, garam masala powder and salt. These cabbage vadas were deep fried in oil to golden brown and served along with tea in the evenings. Other vada recipes were
Cabbage vada recipe – Ingredients:- (200 ml cup used)
- cabbage / muttaikose – 2 cups
- channa dal / kadai paruppu – 1 cup
- ginger garlic paste / inji poondu viludhu – 1 tsp
- green chillies – 2 (finely chopped)
- pudina / mint – handful (finely chopped)
- curry leaves / karuvepilai – handful (finely chopped)
- red chilly powder / milagai podi – 1/2 tsp
- garam masala – 1/2 tsp
- rice powder / arisi maavu – 1/2 cup
- salt – to taste
Cabbage vada recipe – Method:-
1. First of all soak Channa dal in water for one hour.
2. Mean while chop cabbage and collect two cups. On the other hand finely chop mint, curry leaves and green chillies and add to chopped cabbage in the bowl. Add ginger garlic paste too.
3. Leave one table spoon of channa dal and grind the rest coarsly in a mixie without adding water.
4. Add coarsly ground Channa dal, 1 table spoon of left Channa dal without grinding, red chilly powder, garam masala powder and salt to chopped cabbage.
5. Mix well all the ingredients together and keep it for 10 minutes to set.
6. After 10 minutes add rice powder and mix well.
7. Then take ball size of dough in your hands and flatten it using your palms and fingers to make vada.
8. Heat required amount of oil in a fry pan for deep frying. Once when oil is hot put the vadas and fry.
9. When one side is fried, turn the other side and fry evenly to golden brown.
10. Finally take out from oil and keep it on a tissue to remove excess of oil.
11. Serve hot vadas along with any sauce or chutney.