Cabbage raita recipe | muttaikose thayir pachadi is a good recipe with cabbage which is a super food and has immense health benefits. The best way to consume cabbage is to consume it in raw form and next way is to sauté it for a short while or steam cook. Raw cabbage helps in lowering cholesterol and reducing weight. This cabbage raita is prepared using raw cabbage and it tastes very nice. This can be had alone or can be served along with paratha or pulao. We have also made Cabbage Curry, Cabbage Soup, Cabbage kofta, Cabbage Poriyal and cabbage momos. Now let us see how to prepare this delicious raita with cabbage.
Ingredients:- (200 ml cup used)
- cabbage – 1 cup (finely chopped)
- thick curd / yoghurt / thayir – 1 cup
- green chilly – 1 (deseeded)
- cumin powder / seeraga podi – 1/2 tsp
- pepper powder / milagu podi – 1/4 tsp
- salt – to taste
- lemon juice – few drops
- finely chopped coriander leaves – few
1. Cut cabbage into quarter and soak it in salt water for a while. Rinse throughly and drain water. Chop cabbage into fine pieces. Sprinkle few drops of lemon juice and leave it.
2. Add one cup of fresh chilled thick curd to a bowl. Add cumin powder, pepper powder and salt.
3. Whisk it and add finely chopped cabbage and green chilly to the bowl with curd.
4. Mix all the ingredients well. Sprinkle little cumin and pepper powder. Garnish with coriander leaves. Now refreshing healthy raw cabbage raita is ready to serve.