Cabbage Curry recipe | Muttaikose masala recipe is a tasty side dish for chapathi or rice prepared along with onion, tomato, peas, salt and spices. We all know cabbage is a healthy vegetable available universally and it helps in weight reduction. You can know more about cabbage in the link – cabbage – world’s healthiest foodNow we prepare a tasty curry using cabbage.
Cabbage Curry recipe | Muttaikose masala recipe – Ingredients:-
- cabbage / muttaikose / bandhgobi – 2 cups (chopped)
- green peas / matar / pachai pattani – 1/2 cup
- oil – 1 tsp
- cumin seeds / seeragam – 1 tsp
- mustard seeds / kadugu – 1/2 tsp
- ginger garlic paste / inji poondu viludhu – 1 tsp
- onion – 1 (chopped)
- tomato – 1 (chopped)
- turmeric powder / manjal podi – 1/4 tsp
- red chilly powder / milagai podi – 1 tsp
- cumin-fennel seeds powder / sombu seeraga podi – 1/2 tsp (this can be substituted by curry masala powder or coriander powder)
- salt – to taste
1. Chop cabbage into small square pieces. Soak in water with little salt for 10 minutes.
2. Heat one tsp of oil and add cumin seeds and mustard seeds.
3. When it splutters add chopped onion and sauté.
4. When onions turn pale add ginger garlic paste.
5. Next add chopped tomatoes and sauté. Close and cook in low flame for few minutes. Stir at intravels so that vegetables do not stick to the bottom.
6. When tomatoes becomes mushy add turmeric powder, red chilly powder cumin fennel seeds powder and salt. Again mix well, close and cook in low flame. Now add green peas.
7. Stir well and add chopped cabbage and sauté. At first water leaves from the vegetable. Close and cook for around 10 minutes in low flame. Stir at intervals without sticking to pan.
8. Nice when cabbage and green peas becomes soft add required salt. Mix well and allow it in low flame for two minutes.