Broken wheat vegetable Upma | Godhumai rava Upma is a healthy breakfast which can be prepared very easily. Here we add vegetables of various colours which will be very attractive and healthy especially for kids. We have already prepared broken wheat dosa, Broken Wheat Moong dal Kichadi, and Broken Wheat Upma. Today we prepare a healthy Upma along with various vegetables such as carrot, green peas, cauliflower, cabbage and corn.Nutrients and Health benefits – explains in detail about the benefits of eating vegetables.
Broken wheat vegetable Upma – Ingredients:- (200 ml cup used)
- broken wheat / dahlia / godhumai rava – 1 cup
- ginger / inji – 1 tsp (finely chopped)
- vegetables of your choice – 2 cups (carrot, green peas, cabbage, cauliflower, beans, corn, potato. Do not add beetroot – it spoils the colour of the dish )
- oil – 1 tsp
- mustard / kadugu – 1/2 tsp
- urad dal / ulundham paruppu – 1 tsp
- asafoetida / perungayam – pinch
- green chillies – 2 number (slit)
- curry leaves / karuvepilai – few
- salt – to taste
- water – 4 cups
Broken wheat vegetable Upma – Method of preparation:-
1. Firstly wash well the vegetables, scrap skin if needed and chop into equal size and keep it ready. Secondly heat fry pan in a stove and dry roast broken wheat until it is hot to touch.
2. After that put roasted broken wheat in a pressure cooker along with chopped ginger, water and salt.
3. Then heat one tea spoon of oil in a fry pan and add mustard seeds and when it splutters add urad dal. When urad dal turns golden add asafoetida and then slit green chillies and curry leaves.
4. Sauté for one minute and add chopped vegetables.
5. When the vegetables were fried well and water in it evaporates, add it to the cooker containing broken wheat. Add required water for example 3 cups of water for one cup of broken wheat.
6. Finally close and cook for three minutes in low flame after you get a whistle.
7. Once when pressure is released open the cooker. Mix well and serve along with desired chutney.