Crispy Broken Wheat dosa recipe | Godumai rava dosa is a crispy dosai made using broken wheat, rice powder, maida, green chillies, onion, cumin seeds, curd, idly batter and salt. This dosa can be prepared instantly when we do not have fermented idly batter at home. Soaking broken wheat in water for half an hour is enough to prepare the dosa batter. We have already prepared Broken Wheat Moong dal Kichadi, Broken Wheat Upma and Broken wheat, green gram sprout Pongal.
- broken wheat/ godhumai rava – 2 cups (approximately 350 grams)
- rice flour/ arisi maavu – 3/4 cup
- maida – 1/2 cup
- curd/ yoghurt/ thayir – 1/2 cup
- idli batter/ idli maavu – 1/2 cup (I have not shown it in the photo)
- cashew nuts/ mundhiri paruppu – 2 tblsp (chopped)
- onion – 1 cup (chopped)
- ginger/ inji – 1 tblsp (chopped)
- green chillies – 2 (chopped)
- curry leaves and fresh coriander leaves – few (finely chopped)
- cumin seeds/ seeragam – 1 tsp
- salt/ uppu – to taste
1. Soak broken wheat in water for 30 minutes. Take smaller wheat rava for preparing dosa. (Bigger wheat rava is also available in the market. If you do not get a smaller one, you can grind the bigger one in a mixie once and use)
2. Now take a container and mix soaked broken wheat, rice flour, maida, curd, idli batter, chopped onion, cashew nuts, green chilly, curry leaves and coriander leaves with cumin seeds, salt and water.
3. This batter should be watery than the other dosa batters. So add required amount of water. You can make dosa at once. Heat dosa pan and add few drops of water to check whether it is hot and also to cool down the heat of the dosa pan. Pour one to two spoons of watery broken wheat dosa batter and sprinkle a tsp of oil above. Close using a lid for two minutes.
4. Open the lid and see. Now dosa turns golden orange in the corners. Turn it upside down and cook the other side. When both the sides were well cooked, serve it hot along with any chutney.