Broccoli Poriyal recipe is an easy to cook healthy side dish. You can serve it along with rice. It plays a major role in weight reduction.
Broccoli has a lot of health benefits.
When the cluster of flowers, also referred to as a “head” of broccoli, appear in the center of the plant, the cluster is generally green. It looks like a green cauliflower.
Boiling substantially reduces the levels of broccoli, while other cooking methods, such as steaming, microwaving, and stir frying, have no significant effect on glucosinolate levels.
Broccoli Poriyal recipe – Ingredients:-
- Oil – 1 tsp
- mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- urad dal – 1 tsp
- onion – 1 (chopped)
- broccoli – 1/2 kg (chopped)
- salt – to taste
- pepper and cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
Broccoli Poriyal recipe – Method of preparation:-
1. Firstly chop broccoli and onion into small pieces and keep it ready.
2. Secondly heat one tea spoon of vegetable oil in a fry pan and add mustard seeds. When it splutters add urad dal.
3. Thirdly when urad dal turns golden brown, add chopped onion and fry till it turns pale.
4. Next add chopped broccoli and fry in low or medium flame.
5. Close and cook for five minutes. Stir at intervals.
6. Open it and add little water. Close again and cook till broccoli becomes soft. When vegetables were cooked well add required salt and mix well.
7. Also add half a tea spoon of pepper and cumin powder.
8. Mix well and finally transfer the poriyal to a serving bowl and serve as side dish along with cooked rice.
9. If you like this recipe like and share. Also subscribe my channel for more such recipes. Thank you.