Broadbeans coconut milk gravy | Avaraikkai thengaipaal kuzhambu is a tasty side dish which we prepare using broad beans and coconut milk to enhance its thickness and taste. Avaraikkai is also called as flat beans. This is a tasty recipe which you can serve as side dish for rice, idli, dosai and roti.
Broadbeans coconut milk gravy – Ingredients:-
- Broad beans/ avaraikkai – 250gms (chopped)
- Onion – 1 (chopped)
- Tomato – 1 (chopped)
- Sambar powder – 1 tsp Authentic Chettinad Sambar Powder Recipe
- Turmeric powder/ manjal podi – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Coconut milk – 2 cups
Broadbeans coconut milk gravy – Ingredients for Seasoning:-
- Ghee/ nei – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds/ seeragam – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves/ karuvepilai – few
Broadbeans coconut milk gravy – Method of preparation:-
1. Firstly cook chopped broad beans, onion and tomato in a cup of water. Close and cook in low flame for 10 – 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile take extract of coconut milk. Grind coconut in a mixie adding 1 cup of water. Seive it. Let it come to two cups. 1/2 a coconut will make this amount. Refer – Coconut milk preparation.
3. Further when broad beans becomes soft and well cooked add sambar powder, turmeric powder and salt. Mix well and add water if necessary.
4. Keep in low flame for another 5 minutes. After the spices and salt gets absorbed by the beans, add coconut milk prepared. Keep in low flame for not more than one minute.
5. Heat ghee in a pan, add cumin seeds and when it splutters add curry leaves and switch off the flame. Finally pour this seasoning in the gravy. Serve along with rice or roti.
Like, share and subscribe m6 channel for more recipes.