Brinjal bajji recipe | Katharikkaai bajji with step by step photos. This is an easy evening snacks prepared with channa flour, rice flour, red chilly powder, asafoetida, salt and cooking soda (optional) Slices of brinjal were dipped in this batter and deep fried in oil. Bajji’s were served as evening snacks with tomato sauce or chutney. We have already prepared a few recipes with brinjal such as brinjal masala, Baingan Bharta, Ennai Kathirikaai Kuzhambu, Chettinad Katharikkai kosumalli, Stuffed Brinjal Roast and Andhra style brinjal curry.
Brinjal bajji recipe – Ingredients:-
- brinjal / katharikkai – 1 big
- besan / channa dal flour / kadalai maavu – 4 tblsp
- rice flour / arisi maavu – 1 tblsp
- red chilly powder / milagai podi – 1 tsp
- turmeric powder / manjal podi – 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder preparation
- asafoetida / perungayam – pinch
- baking powder – pinch
- salt – to taste
Brinjal bajji recipe – Method of preparation:-
1. Firstly take besan, rice flour, red chilly powder, asafoetida, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
2. Secondly add required water and mix to get a batter which will be of an idli batter consistency.
3. Thirdly chop brinjal into circular pieces and put it in water.
4. Further take brinjal pieces one by one press with your hands to remove water completely. Dip it in the bajji batter on both the sides.
5. Finally heat enough oil in a fry pan to deep fry the bajji’s. Put brinjal piece dipped in batter one by one and fry. When one side was fried turn the other side.
6. When both the sides were fried evenly to golden, remove and keep it on a tissue to remove excess of oil.
7. Serve as evening snacks with any chutney or tomato ketchup.