Bread Halwa recipe is a popular dessert from Hyderabad cuisine. You can prepare this mouth watering sweet easily and serve after meals. This tasty halwa can be prepared with white bread, wheat bread or milk bread. I have used milk and water in the ratio 1:1 If you need it thicker you can use two cups of milk instead of using water. The amount of sugar can be increased or decreased according to your need. This halwa can be prepared during festivals like diwali or in parties.
Bread Halwa recipe – Ingredients:-
- bread slices – 4 number
- ghee / nei – 3 tsps
- sugar – 1/4 cup (can be adjusted according to your taste)
- milk – 1 cup
- water – 1 cup
- cardomom powder – pinch
- nuts – almonds – 4 (chopped), cashews – 4 (chopped) and chironji – 1 tsp
Bread Halwa recipe – Method of preparation:-
1. Firstly heat a fry pan with one tea spoon of ghee and fry chopped nuts to golden in medium flame. Remove to a plate and keep it ready.
2. On the other hand tear the bread slices to small pieces and keep it ready. In the remaining ghee roast the teared bread pieces evenly.
3. Secondly add milk and water to the roasted bread pieces. If you need it thick you can add 2 cups of milk instead of water.
4. Thirdly add sugar and mix well.
5. Cook in medium flame until the bread turns soft and mushy. When the mixture becomes thick add cardomom powder and the rest of the ghee.
7. Finally switch off the stove, transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with chopped and fried nuts.
Even more related recipes in my website are as follows