Bread Bajji recipe | Easy Evening Snacks is prepared with besan / kadalai maavu / channa dal flour, rice flour, red chilly powder, ginger garlic powder, salt and baking soda. Bread slices are dipped in this mixture and deep fried in oil. This can be prepared within 10 minutes even with left out bread slices. This is one among the Street food of Mumbai. Now let us see how to prepare the dish.
Bread Bajji recipe – Ingredients:-
- bread slices – 2
- besan / kadalai maavu / channa dal flour – 4 tblsps
- rice flour / arisi maavu – 2 tblsp
- red chilly powder / milagai podi – 1/2 tsp
- ginger garlic paste / inji poondu viludhu – 1/2 tsp
- salt – to taste
- baking soda – pinch
- oil – for deep frying
Bread Bajji recipe – Method of preparation:-
1. Firstly take besan flour and rice flour in a bowl.
2. After that add red chilly powder, ginger garlic paste, salt and baking soda to it.
3. Mix all the ingredients well when it is dry.
4. Secondly add water little by little and make a batter like dosa batter consistency without any lumps. I did not add any colouring agent. (You can add 1/4 tea spoon of turmeric powder if you need it yellow)
5. Meanwhile take bread slices and remove the corners using a knife.
6. Cut it into two pieces to form triangular pieces.
7. Finally heat oil in a fry pan for deep frying. Dip the bread slices in batter to cover both the sides completely with the batter. Do not keep it for a long time. Bread will absorb the watery batter and break. Just dip once and take out to fry.
8. Deep fry the bread slices dipped in batter in oil.
9. When one side is fried well, turn the other side and fry till golden yellow.
10. Serve hot along with tomato sauce or any chutney.
Even more related links