Black rice neermore recipe | kavuni arisi kanji is prepared after soaking black rice in water overnight and cooking. Cooked black rice is ground with little salt and curd. Add water as much as needed and refrigerate it. You can also add ice cubes during hot summer days. This is a yummy drink with all health benefits of black rice . We have already prepared Black rice vegetable salad and Chettinad kavuni arisi pongal.
Black rice is becoming the new organic food that everyone is talking about. It is a healthy ‘nutty’ grain that cures diseases and if you add this grain to your grocery list and diet, you would be doing yourself and your family a favour. Consumption of black rice has been linked to marked decreases in risk for dangerous conditions such as heart disease and cancer. Now let us see how to make a neermore using black rice. It I should very simple when you have cooked black rice. You can prepare this drink when you cook black rice for some other dishes.
- cooked black rice – 2 tblsp
- curd / yoghurt/ thayir – 2 tblsp
- salt / uppu – to taste
- water – as needed
1. Soak black rice in water over night and cook till it becomes soft. You can use pressure cooker or in an open container inside boiling water. We have already seen How to cook Black rice .
2. Put cooked black rice, curd and salt (I have used black salt) in a blender.
3. Blend it to a fine paste.
4. Add water as needed and beat well. Pour it into glasses, add ice cubes and a few finely chopped coriander leaves and serve chilled.