Biriyani masala powder preparation | பிரியாணி மசாலா பொடி செய்முறை explains about the ingredients used and the method of preparation. Today’s markets are flooded with ready made powders and masalas. Many of us buy them instead of preparing at home. Store bought powders will have preservatives in it to improve shelf life and artificial colours to make it attractive. If we prepare at home once and use it, we will never turn back to go for ready made masala powders. This masala powder has a good and moderate aroma of spices and gives a good smell to the recipe. Not very pungent or very spicy.
To know more about it click Biriyani
This biriyani masala powder can be used to prepare any kind of biriyani like ‘veg dum biriyani’, ‘chicken biriyani’ and also for chicken and mutton curry recipes. We get the real flavour of the spices and can be freezed and stored for years if handled properly. Upto six months we can use it without freezing.
It is very easy to prepare at home using our mixie.
1. Bay leaf in English, brinji ilai in Tamil and tej Patta in Hindi – 1
2. Coriander seeds in English, Malli in Tamil and Sukha dhania in Hindi – 6 tsp
3. Fennel seeds in English, Sombu in Tamil and Saunf in Hindi – 1.5 tsp
4. Pepper corns in English, Milagu in Tamil and Kali mirch in Hindi – 1 tsp
5. Cloves in English, Kirambu in Tamil and Lavang in Hindi – 2 tsp
6. Cinnamon in English, Pattai in Tamil and Dalchini in Hindi – 5 inches
7. Green cardamom in English, Elakkaai in Tamil and Ilachi in Hindi – 6 number
8. Black cardamom in English, Karuppu elakkaai in Tamil and Kali ilachi in Hindi – 2 number
9. Star anise in English, Annachi mokku in Tamil and Chakra Phool in Hindi – 2 number
10. Black cumin seeds in English, Karunjeeragam in Tamil and Shahi jeera in Hindi – 3 tsp
11. Mace flower in English, jadhikai thol in Tamil and Javitri in Hindi – 1 number
12. Nutmeg in English, Jathikkaai in Tamil and Jaiphal in Hindi – 1/2 (1/2 tsp)
13. Stone flower in English, Kalpaasi in Tamil and Pattar phool in Hindi – 3 flowers
- Collect all the ingredients together.
- Dry roast the ingredients one by one in a pan. Break nutmegs, bay leaf, star anise, cinnamon etc if they were big.
- Keep it in sunlight and grind into powder. Sieve it to get a fine powder.
- Store it in containers and use while preparing biriyani. Do not use more than one tsp.
you may also like:-