Besan Bhindi Masala recipe | lady’s finger |Vendaikkai is a side dish prepared with channa dal flour, used as side dish for chapathi, roti, puri and Phulkas. Here we add spices like cumin powder, fennel seed powder, turmeric powder, ginger paste, red chilly powder, amchur powder, garam masala powder and salt to enhance its taste.
Besan Bhindi Masala recipe – Ingredients:-
- lady’s finger / bhindi / okra / Vendaikkai – 300 grams
- red chilly powder / milagai podi – 1 tsp
- cumin seeds / seeragam – 1 tsp
- turmeric powder / manjal podi – 1/2 tsp
- coriander powder / malli podi – 1 tsp
- fennel seed powder/ sombu podi – 1 tsp
- ginger paste/ inji – 1 tsp
- besan / kadalai maavu – 2 tblsp
- amchur powder/ dry mango powder – 1 tsP
- garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- salt/ uppu – to taste
- finely chopped coriander leaves – 2 tsp to garnish
- oil – 2 tblsp
Besan Bhindi Masala recipe – Method of preparation:-
1. Firstly wash, clean and cut bhindi into halves lengthwise removing top and bottom.
2. Secondly heat 2 table spoons of oil in a fry pan and add cumin seeds, turmeric powder, coriander powder, fennel seed powder(sombu), besan (kadalai maavu) and mix well.
3. Similarly add chopped bhindi, salt, mango powder, ginger paste, red chilli powder and mix well.
4. Close the lid and keep it in low flame for few minutes until bhindi gets cooked well. Check often inbetween for every 2 minutes.
5. Finally add garam masala powder and when bhindi gets cooked well and becomes soft. When oil separates add fresh coriander and serve with phulkas, naan or roti.
If you like this recipe share with your friends and subscribe for more such recipes.
Even more lady’s finger recipes in my site are as follows