Besan Bhindi Masala recipe | lady’s finger | Vendaikkai is a side dish prepared with channa dal flour, used as side dish for chapathi, roti, puri and Phulkas. Here we add spices like cumin powder, fennel seed powder, turmeric powder, ginger paste, red chilly powder, amchur powder, garam masala powder and salt to enhance its taste.
- lady’s finger/ bhindi/ Vendaikkai – 300 gram
- red chilly powder/ milagai podi – 1 tsp
- cumin seeds/ seeragam – 1 tsp
- turmeric powder/ manjal podi – 1/2 tsp
- coriander powder/ malli podi – 1 tsp
- fennel seed powder/ sombu podi – 1 tsp
- ginger paste/ inji – 1 tsp
- besan/ kadalai maavu – 2 tblsp
- amchur powder/ dry mango powder – 1 tsP
- garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- salt/ uppu – to taste
- finely chopped coriander leaves – 2 tsp to garnish
- oil – 2 tblsp
1.Wash, clean and cut bhindi into halves lengthwise removing top and bottom.
2. Heat 2tblsp of oil in a pan and add cumin seeds, turmeric powder, coriander powder, fennel seed powder(sombu), besan (kadalai maavu) and mix well.
3. Now add bhindi, salt, mango powder, ginger paste, red chilli powder and mix well.
4. Close the lid and check often for every 2 minutes.
5. Finally add garam masala and when bhindi gets cooked and oil separates add fresh coriander and serve with phulkas, naan or roti.
Other lady’s finger recipes in my site are as follows