Beetroot Halwa recipe | Sweet | பீட்ரூட் அல்வா is a sweet prepared with the vegetable beetroot which is rich in iron and vitamins and so it is very healthy. As beetroots are sweet in taste, we can make halwa which will be very tasty. Beetroots give a dark colour to the sweet. You can prepare this halwa during festivals like diwali.
We prepare this beetroot halwa by adding sugar, milk and ghee to it. This can be prepared during Diwali festival or on normal celebrations like Birthday or anniversary days and feasts. There are so many varieties of Halwa preparation using different bases like Bread Halwa , wheat halwa , Milk Halwa | Paal kova, Badam Halwa , Carrot Halwa , Urad dal halwa | chettinad aadikool , Chettinad kavuni arisi | black rice halwa and vendhaya kali | methi seeds halwa. Now let us prepare Halwa using beetroots. Follow the steps given below, prepare and enjoy this healthy sweet.
Preparation Time:- 30 minutes
To Serve:- 2 persons
- beetroot – 2 cups (grated)
- milk – 2 cups
- sugar – 1 cup
- ghee – 2 tsps
- cardomom powder – pinch
- cashewnuts – 6 to 8 number
1. Remove skin using a scrapper and grate the beetroot finely.
2. Take milk in a thick bottom pan.
3. Add grated beetroot to the milk in the pan and cook in low flame.
4. Milk will boil, and bubble, continue in low flame, and keep stirring at intervals.
when 75 – 80 % of milk was reduced as below,
5. Add sugar, continue stirring in medium and low flame.
6. Again you’ll get it little watery. Continue in low flame till it becomes thick. Add ghee and cardomom powder. Now you will get it thick in Halwa form. Switch off the stove and transfer to a bowl or box.
7. Fry Cashewnuts in a separate pan in ghee till, it turns golden. Add fried cashewnut to the Halwa. Serve in cups the required amount of Halwa.