Badam soup recipe | Almonds | பாதாம் சூப் செய்முறை Is a tasty, yummy, soup prepared using healthy almonds with spices and salt. Garnished with tulasi.
- badam/ almonds – 50 grams
- cinnamon stick/ pattai – 1 inch
- cloves/ kirambu – 3 number
- pepper corn/ milagu – 1/2 tsp
- salt/ uppu – to taste
- cardomom/ elakkai powder – 1/4 tsp
- sugar/ seeni – 1/2 tsp (optional)
- tulasi or fresh coriander leaves for garnishing
1. Soak badam in boiling water for 10 minutes and remove skin. See link for Removing almond skin
2. Grind the skin removed almonds in a mixie to a smooth paste. Add water if needed.
3. Boil badam paste, with cinnamon stick, cloves and cardomom with two cups of water for three minutes in low flame. Sieve it in a filter. Now the cinnamon stick and the cloves will be filtered as shown in the photo below.
4. Now add required salt, pepper and tulasi leaves and boil for two more minutes.
5. If you need the soup to be thick, add 1 tsp of corn flour mixed in 1/4 cup of water. Serve hot after garnishing.