Badam Halwa recipe | Almond | பாதாம் அல்வா is a yummy sweet mostly prepared during Diwali or on any special occasions like birthday feast or wedding feast. It will always be a royal serve for the guests. This is a very simple and easy to prepare sweet. Bachelors can also give a try. We can remember the ingredients very easily that one cup of badam / almonds, one cup of milk, one cup of sugar and half a cup of ghee.
Whenever I think of a sweet preparation this Halwa comes in my mind first because it’s a very tasty and easy to prepare recipe. Try to prepare this tasty, yummy, sweet for this diwali following the method given below.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
To serve: 4
- badam / almonds – 1 cup
- milk – 1 cup
- sugar – 1 cup
- ghee – 1/2 cup
1.Soak badam in boiled water for 10 minutes and remove skin with your hands. It will be very easy to remove.
2. Grind badam with milk in a mixie into a fine paste.
3. Heat ghee in a pan and add ground badam with milk to it, saute for 2 minutes and add sugar to it. Stir continuously.
4. Saute for few minutes. Sugar starts to dissolve and badam becomes little thick and leaves Pan along with ghee.
5. If you need it as cubes, sauté for few more minutes till it becomes thick. Switch off the stove and put Halwa in a plate, flatten it using a spoon and cut into pieces using a knife.
6. Serve with any toppings like cherry, badam or Cashewnut.
For more Diwali recipes click on the links below