Baby corn masala gravy recipe | Poongodi’s kitchen is a tasty side dish prepared with baby corn also known as young corn a cereal grain taken from corn harvested early while the stalks are still small and immature. It is eaten whole including the cob, which will be too tough in matured corn. We stir fry baby corn here. Baby corn – Wikipedia.
You may also like:-
Baby corn masala gravy recipe | Poongodi’s kitchen – Ingredients:-
- baby corn – 10-12 number
- onion – 1 (chopped) I have used pearl onions
- ginger garlic paste / inji poondu viludhu – 1 tsp
- tomato – 1 (purée)
- cashew nuts – 10 to 12 number (made into paste)
- turmeric powder / manjal podi – 1/4 tsp
- red chilly powder / milagai podi – 1 tsp
- coriander powder / malli podi – 1 tsp
- cumin powder / seeraga podi – 1/2 tsp
- salt / uppu – to taste
- veg oil – 1 tsp
- cinnomon stick / pattai – 1/2 inch
- green cardomom / elachi – 2 number
- cumin seeds / seeragam – 1/2 tsp
1. Heat 2 tsps of oil in a fry pan and add baby corns. Fry for 2 minutes stirring and remove it to a plate.
2. In the remaining oil add cinnomon stick, green cardomom and cumin seeds. When it splutters add chopped onion and sauté.
3. When onion turns pale add ginger garlic paste and sauté.
4. Next add tomato puree, close and cook in medium or low flame for 15 minutes.
5. Tomato purée changes colour when cooked well.
6. Now add red chilly powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder and salt.
7. Add one cup of water, mix well and keep in low flame.
8. When it thickens add cashew paste.
9. Mix well and add fried baby corn to the dish.