Aval cutlet recipe is a snacks which you can prepare with flattened rice, potatoes, carrot, peas, coriander leaves, chat masala, red chilly powder, corn flour, bread crumbs and salt.
For even more related link click on the following:-
A short video for the recipe:-
Aval cutlet recipe – Ingredients:- (200 ml cup used)
- flattened rice / aval – 2 cups
- potatoes / urulaikizhangu – 2 (cooked)
- carrot – 1/2cup (grated)
- green peas / pachai pattani – 1/2 cup (cooked)
- fresh coriander / kothamalli – 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
- chat masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- red chilly powder – 1/2 tsp
- salt – to taste
Aval cutlet recipe – Ingredients for binding:-
- corn flour / chola maavu – 2 tsp
- bread crumbs / roti thool – 1 cup
- veg oil – 1/4 cup
Aval cutlet recipe – Method of preparation:-
1. First of all soak flattened rice in water for 2 minutes.
2. Drain water and take flattened rice in a bowl.
3. Secondly add cooked potato.
4. Next add cooked green peas.
5. Similarly add grated carrot.
6. Further add finely chopped coriander followed by chat masala powder.
7. Likewise add red chilly powder.
8. Then add salt.
9. Mix well with your hands.
10. Take a ball size of dough and flatten it to make patties as shown in the photo below.
11. Mean while take 2 tea spoons of corn flour in a cup.
12. Add water and make it into a paste.
13. Dip the patties in corn flour paste and bind completel6 with bread crumbs. Make all the dough into cutlets and keep it ready.
14. Finally heat little oil in a fry pan and put the cutlets. Sprinkle some more oil above it and fry to golden brown on both the sides.
15. Serve with tomato sauce or with any chutney along with tea in the evening.