Delicious Arisi puttu recipe | Rice | அரிசி புட்டு is prepared with rice flour seasoning done with spices and onion to improve flavour and taste of the dish
- arisi maavu – 1 cup
Arisi maavu should be in fine granules and not fine powder. You can make at home by washing raw rice, dry and grind in a mixie.
- salt – to taste
- vegetable oil – 1 tsp
- mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- urad dal – 1 tsp
- onion – 1 (finely chopped)
- green chillies – 2 (finely chopped)
- curry leaves – few (finely chopped)
- grated coconut – 1/2 cup
1. Add boiled water little by little to arisi maavu and mix. It should not be watery. When you press together with fingers, you should be able to make kollukattai.
2. Filter it through a sieve with large holes, as in photo.
3. Now heat water in a idiyappam pan.
4. Put a wet muslin cloth and place the puttu maavu above it.
5. Close it and wait for 10 minutes.
6. Now remove puttu from pan to a plate.
7. Heat one tsp of oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, when it splutters add urad dal, when it turns golden yellow, add finely chopped onion, green chillies and curry leaves. Saute for few minutes. When onions become soft, add grated coconut.
8. Switch off the stove and add cooked puttu to it and mix well.
9. Serve hot along with desired sambar or chutney.