Aloo Paneer Gravy recipe | Potato Paneer | Urulaikilangu Paneer is a side dish prepared for Phulkas, rotis, puris, naan and chapathi with healthy Paneer and aloo rich in carbohydrates and fat. It is a very tasty side dish. It’s a Punjabi dish. Prepare following the steps given below and enjoy its taste.
- Aloo/potato – 2 (chopped into cubes)
- Paneèr – 200grams (cut into cubes)
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Cumin seeds/ seeragam – 1 tsp
- Onion – 1 cup (chopped)
- Ginger garlic paste/ inji poondu – 1 tsp
- Tomato – 1 cup (chopped)
- Red chilly powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder/ manjal thool – 1/4 tsp
- Coriander powder/ malli thool – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
1. Heat oil in a pan and fry cubed paneèr until it turns colour on all sides. Remove it and keep it in a bowl.
2. In the same oil fry cubed potatoes well and transfer to a bowl.
3. In the same oil fry cumin seeds.
4. Add chopped onions and fry for few minutes.
5. Add Ginger garlic paste and fry for few more minutes.
6. Add chopped tomatoes and fry again.
7. After two minutes add turmeric powder and salt.
8. When tomato is fully cooked add red chilly powder, coriander powder and cumin powder.
9. Add water if needed. Now add fried potato cubes and keep in low flame.
10. Add fried paneèr cubes.
11. Mix well. Serve along with phulkas.