Aloo Palak gravy recipe | Potato Palak sabji is a delicious side dish prepared with Palak and potato with onion, tomato, ginger, garlic, green chillies, coriander powder, gram masala powder and salt.
Potatoes (aloo) – 2
Palak/Spinach – 1 bundle or 200gms
Ginger-garlic paste – 1 tsp
Green chillies – 2 (chopped)
Onion – 1 (chopped)
Tomatoe – 1 (chopped)
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt – to taste
Oil – 1 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Kasuri Methi – 1/2 tsp (optional)
1. Cook potatoes in a pressure pan, with considerable amount of water.
2. Heat one tsp of oil in a pan, add chopped green chillies and ginger-garlic paste and Saute.
3. Add chopped onions, sprinkle little salt and sauté for few more minutes.
4. Now add washed and chopped Palak/spinach to pan.
5. When Palak shrinks, switch off the flame. Transfer to a bowl and let it cool.
6. Now remove skin from potato and chop into cubes. Heat one tsp of oil in pan and fry chopped potatoes in it, till you get a golden brown colour on sides.
7. Now grind cooled Palak into a fine paste in a mixie.
8. Heat one tsp of oil in a pan, add cumin seeds.
9. When it splutters add chopped tomatoes and sauté for a few minutes. Add little salt, so that tomatoes becomes mushy soon.
10. When tomatoes become mushy, add coriander powder and garam masala powder.
11. Now add ground Palak/spinach paste to it.
12. Rinse the mixie jar with a cup of water and pour into it. Check for salt (you have already added some along with onion and tomato and no salt in potato) and allow it boil for few minutes. Stir at intervals.
13. When it thickens to your required consistency, add cooked and fried potatoes and keep in sim for few more minutes.
14. Garnish with little kasuri methi (optional) and serve along with your desired parathas or rice.