10 ingredients Milagu Kuzhambu recipe. I named this because we use 10 ingredients in this kuzhambu which we can remember easily.
Black pepper helps in digestion, weight loss, relieves gas, relieves cough and helps to prevent cancer. It keeps your stomach healthy. Health benefits of Pepper. This milagu kuzhambu can be used as a side dish for idli, dosa, chappathi and rice. This recipe lasts for a long time, and so this can be prepared for carrying to picnics and while travelling. Thank you Mrs. Vasantha Valliappan, my chithi for teaching this lovely recipe.
Preparation Time:- 30 minutes.
To Serve:- 4 persons
A short video link for the recipe:-
10 ingredients Milagu Kuzhambu – Ingredients:-
The ingredients can be easily remembered as it has 10 numbers, in which 7 items 2 tea spoons each, one item 4 tea spoons and two items 1 tea spoon.
- Black pepper (milagu) – 2 tsp
- Cumin seeds (seeragam) – 2 tsp
- Urad dal (ullundham paruppu) – 2 tsp
- Bengal gram (kadalai paruppu) – 2 tsp
- Curry leaves (karuvepilai) – 2 tsp
- Salt (kal uppu or sea salt) – 2 tsp (if you use table salt take 1 tsp)
- Tamarind (puli) – 2 tsp
- Coriander (malli) – 4 tsp
- Red chilly ( vara milagai) – 1 tsp (2 no)
- Asafoetida (perungayam) – 1 tsp
10 ingredients Milagu Kuzhambu – Ingredients for seasoning:-
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Ghee – 2 tsp
10 ingredients Milagu Kuzhambu – Method of preparation:-
1. Firstly heat one tea spoon of oil in a fry pan and fryfor few minutes all the ingredients except table salt and asafoetida. Untill it turns light brown. Finally before switching off the stove add salt and asafoetida.
2. Secondly cool to room temperature and grind into a fine paste with necessary water. You can prepare upto your needed consistency. If you need it for carrying you can prepare it thick.
3. Further heat one tea spoon of oil in a fry pan and add mustard seeds and when it splutters switch off the stove. Pour the seasoning into the prepared milagu kuzhambu that is the ground paste.
4. Finally add 2 tea spoons of ghee to improve taste. Serve along with idli, dosa, chappathi or rice.